Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Leaving...?!

Hey everyone!
I am leaving in two days! It is crazy to think that in about 72 hours I will be in a new country, surrounded by a language I don't know and meeting tons of new people who I'll be spending the next 2 1/2 months with! As you might be able to tell, I am getting stressed! I am starting to fully realize how much I have to do before I leave... but I have a few lists written up, as I am trying to organize these next two days before I leave!
So now that you know how I am doing, let me tell you about the school!
1) The school I will be going to is located in Alicante, Spain. It is a smaller, touristy-type town located on the South-Eastern coast of Spain, right along the Mediterranean!
2) The school, called Rio Vida, is one of 26 Torchbearers Centres located in one of 20 countries around the world. Torchbearers Centres are a branch of Torchbearers International, a worldwide community of believers with centres located all around world, designed to act as retreat and conference centres with the goal to provide and area of recreation, study, Bible schools and service. 
3) The short, 10-week program I am taking will start on January 17th, 2011 and be completed on March 24th, 2011. 
4) The school will be taught in English, which is fortunate, because I don't know any Spanish... but I am hoping to pick up a few words or phrases. There are optional Spanish course that will be offered.
5) We will doing bible memorization, book reports, attending lectures, daily bible readings, learning to lead bible studies and serving through outreaches in the community (like volunteering in local churches and working with children)!
So basically all of the information I know of is for the Rio Vida website. I don't know exactly what is going to be expected of me while I am there, and I don't really know what to expect myself! But I know that God has a few things in store for me to learn while I am there. I am going to do my best to be open to whatever is revealed to me and whatever situations I'll be confronted with!
If you want to know anything else, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or e-mail me, and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible! 
May God bless you wherever you are and through whatever 
you're doing over the next three months,
Christi
=)
P.S---> If you want more information, the website for the school is:
- http://www.riovida.org/default.asp  (this is the better one)
or
My address while I am in Spain will be:
Chalet Rio Vida
Camino de Marco 22, E-03560
Campello (Alicante) SPAIN

2 comments:

  1. You should take the Spanish course! If you love it, maybe you'll want to learn Spanish and that would be sweet. I'm excited for you. Have an awesome time and make lots of friends. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure send you snail mail Christie! I love that you gave us your address as I love sending letters :)

    ReplyDelete